So I have to apologize for the inconsistency in scheduling. I just started my first string of interviews. Initially, when I scheduled these I thought “This will be great! It is a day filled with conversation and free food! What is not to love!?!” WRONG-O. While yes these days are accompanied by a cafeteria lunch and lots of talking, it is also kinda high pressure in a not-so-fun kind of way. But I digress. Let’s talk about fun and yummy asparagus!
Asparagus is one of those vegetables I have always loved. I first had it when I was a little girl and my parents got into making kebabs. SOOO yummy! Since then I have had it steamed, incorporated into salads, and grilled. This is the first time I have tried it baked and I cannot wait to have it again. The simple ingredients lend themselves to a healthy and fun side, or you can be like me and eat this as your main course. It’s THAT good!
XOXO – Emmy Lou Lou
Garlic Parmesan Asparagus
• 1 Bunch asparagus
• 4 Cloves garlic, minced
• 1 Tablespoon olive oil
• ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
• Chops off woody ends of asparagus
• Mix olive oil, cheese, and garlic in a bowl.
• Add asparagus to the bowl and mix ingredients well.
• Spread asparagus on a greased baking sheet.
• Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until ends begin to brown.