I hope all of you had a spectacular Christmas and weekend. This year was one of my favorite Christmases yet. We spent five days at home alternating between my family and Andrew’s and we both had a blast hanging out and playing games and celebrating the reason for the season. Christmas passes way too soon for me every year and I always keep our Christmas decorations up for a few weeks longer. This year is no different and Andrew and I will still be munching on Christmas cookies and watching football with the glow of our first Christmas tree. This year has seriously been epic!
And speaking of epic….let’s talk about these beans! (See what I did there?) I made these a couple weeks ago and they are seriously simple and crazy delish. Green beans and almonds have always been one of my absolute favorite sides. I usually steam them but I tend to over do them that way, so this time we roasted them and it may very well be my new favorite way to eat green beans…other than raw straight from the garden. YUM! The roasting brings out more the almond taste and I am in love. These will definitely be a staple from now on!
XOXO – Emmy Lou Lou
Roasted Almond Green Beans
• 1 Pound fresh green beans, you can also use frozen
• 1/2 Cup slivered almonds
• 1 Tablespoon olive oil
• 2 teaspoons minced garlic, about 4 cloves
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Parmesan cheese optional
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• Wash green beans and pat dry.
• Spread out evenly on a baking sheet.
• Sprinkle almonds and then garlic throughout pan.
• Lightly brush olive oil over green beans.
• Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
• Bake for 30 minutes, or until beans have reached their desired texture – I like mine a little crunchy.
• Optional: At 25 minutes, sprinkle beans with parmesan cheese and bake for remaining 5 minutes.