Happy Wednesday! After a long break away (so sorry – crazy busy rotations/life), I am back to regular posting and so excited about some amazing and fun new content coming your way! Is it just me, or are we all just ready to move on to spring? We had a taste of some glorious weather last week – Andrew and I were out walking in shorts! Gasp! Alas, we got dumped on with snow and spring seems far away now. Oh well. Welcome to Minnesota winters! Hopefully spring wins out this battle soon! So ready for outside games and exercise after so many months indoors!
I made this hash a few weeks ago and it was super delicious and packed with wholesome, nutritious food! It’s bursting with flavor and super foods! I know the recipe has lots of steps and requires a bunch of post-cooking dish washing. Lame – I know, but this recipe is so worth it! So yummy and so good for you. I had it alone as a meal, but it could totally work as a side. Let me know what your think!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
XOXO – Emily
- 1 Butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 2 Sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Teaspoons chili powder
- 1 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 Teaspoon paprika
- 4 Cups kale
- 2 Teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 Teaspoon onion powder
- 1 Cup chicken broth
- 9 Pieces turkey bacon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine butternut squash, sweet potatoes, spices, and olive oil in a large bowl.
- Toss until well coated.
- Bake for 25 minutes. If you would like these to be crunchy. I do! Mix, and bake another 20 minutes.
- In a separate pan. Cook turkey bacon according to directions on the skillet. I cook mine on medium heat for about 4 minutes on each side to get it crispy.
- Remove bacon from skillet and crumble.
- To the same skillet, add kale, onion powder, minced garlic, and chicken broth.
- Cook over medium heat until kale is wilted.
- In a large bowl, combine turkey bacon, squash/sweet potatoes, and kale. Mix thoroughly.