Well guys, the cold weather finally hit. On Sunday we were struck by sub-zero temperatures and with that, the out of this world need for comfort food. We were going to roll with soup, but I have this big bag of quinoa from Costco, so we wanted to use that instead. We have a delicious lunch consisting of coconut fish, avocado creme, and this Spanish quinoa. It was so good and perfect for a freezing cold day!
- 1 Green Pepper, chopped
- 1 Yellow Onion, chopped
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper, chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Cups Quinoa
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 Cups Water
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Cilantro
- 1 Can Black Beans, washed and drained
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes and Green Chiles
- 2 Cups Frozen Corn
- 1 15 Ounce Can Tomato Sauce
- 2 Tablespoon Cumin
- 2 Tablespoon Cayenne Pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Red Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Paprika
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- In a large saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add pepper, onion, jalapeno, garlic, and quinoa to pan.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, just until vegetables soften.
- Add the rest of the vegetables to the pan and stir until well combined.
- Let simmer over medium heat for about 20 minutes
- Turn off heat and let quinoa sit for 5 minutes to absorb more of the fluid.