A few months ago, on a freezing February morning, I went for a quick run (like 2 mile quick) before work. Here I was jamming out to an epic combo of tunes including Kanye West and Taylor Swift. It allows me to imagine what world peace would be like, because we all know that is the only way TayTay and Kanye are living in harmony forever. Well halfway through my loop, my phone died – because I guess sub-zero degree temps will do that. Seriously, Apple? Step it up! Not all of us can live in the Sunny Silicon Valley!
That last mile was brutal – even for a two miler. I am definitely not at that point where I can zone out or cherish the sound of my feet pounding the pavement. When my music goes out, all I can think is: “Could my lungs actually explode doing this? They sound like they are working overtime?” or “Ahh! Here comes that blasted side stich! Why are cramps even a thing?” or, the dreaded “My plantar fasciitis is totally working up and I think my Achilles is going to snap….I should probably walk.” WHAT?!? So clearly, my dependence on music to get me through what feels like endless miles runs deep. Every season, I make a new playlist. Some tunes are staples in my lineups, and some are tunes that I’m just feeling at the moment.
If you are looking for Mumford and Sons and Adele, this isn’t the list for you. But if you are in search of suburban-girl-pump-up, then I might have what you’re looking for. An attempt at the perfect balance between hip hop and girly pop.
Thanks for stopping by!
XOXO – Emmy Lou Lou
- POWER – Kanye West
- BO$$ – Fifth Harmony
- Mama Said – Lukas Graham
- Anything Could Happen – Ellie Goulding
- Thrift Shop – Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
- R.I.P. – Rita Ora, Tinie Tmpah
- Steal My Girl – One Direction
- Seven Devils – Florence + The Machine
- Right Above it – Lil Wayne, Drake
- Knock You Down – Keri Hilson, Kanye West, Ne-Yo
- Show Me The Money – Petey Pablo
- Can’t Stop Dancin’ – Becky G
- Cruise – Florida Georgia Line
- I Want You To Know – Zedd, Selena Gomez
- Madness – Muse
- Out of the Woods – Taylor Swift
- My House – Flo Rida
- Word From Home – Fifth Harmoney
- Big Rings – Drake, Future
- Confident – Demi Lovato