If there is one restaurant I could eat at every day for the rest of my life, it would undoubtedly be Chipotle. I have gone there three times in the last three weeks, and I honestly would have been totally down to get my hands on one of those legendary burrito bowls a few more times within that span. Chipotle is such a funny restaurant to me. They can have issues with production, E. coli outbreaks, and my personal favorite – the online ordering which adds 15 minutes on to the time I have to wait to devour their majestic grub. Last year I went and had to wait while they fulfilled an order of 30 for a nearby car dealership. Well played boys. Regardless, of what the world throws at them though, their lines remain long and I myself will continue wait, because the food is that good!
Up until two weeks ago though, I had never tried their guacamole, and I now I am asking myself why it ever took so long. Yeah, the extra two dollars probably has something to do with it, but it is so good! Ever since trying it, I’ve had a huge craving for guacamole, and with the 12 avocados I have sitting in my fridge, I really had no excuse not to make it. This is my absolute favorite way to make guacamole, and I swear it rivals Chipotle’s version. Try it out and let me know what you think! Do you have a unique spin on your guacamole recipe? I’d love to hear it!
Thanks for stopping by!
XOXO – Emmy Lou Lou
The Best Guacamole
• 2 Avocados, pitted and diced
• 2 Roma tomatoes
• 1 Jalapeno pepper
• 2 Teaspoons minced garlic
• 1/2 small red onion red onion
• 1/3 cup cilantro
• Juice of 1 lime
• Salt to taste
• Slice jalapeno in half. For spicy guacamole, add all of the seeds. For mild, add half.
• In a food processor, add jalapeno pepper, red onion, and cilantro.
• Pulse until finely chopped.
• Finely chop Roma tomatoes.
• In a bowl, mash avocado.
• Add garlic, lime juice, and chopped ingredients to the bowl.
• Mix ingredients together until well combined.
• Add salt to taste.